Monday, March 21, 2011

On human rights.

Watch this.

I don't know you.

I don't know how old you are, or where you live, or where you come from, or even what most of your names are.

But I want to share a bit of myself, and maybe we can all understand something from it.

I am a geek. I'm a nerd, a dweeb, a weirdo, a freak, whatever. And I like being all of those things. I have long hair, I don't do drugs, I play dungeons and dragons, I like to dance, I cry a fair amount, I talk about my feelings, I write poems and stories, I laugh until it hurts, I dance like there's no tomorrow, and I'm bloody bisexual.

In the current and classic sense of the word, I'm a bit queer.

My entire life I was made fun of for any and all of the above things, I got called fat, I was made fun of for writing sloppy, for falling down, for dropping my pants down to my ankles when I used the urinal in kindergarten (I was laughed at so hard, that to this day, I prefer to use the toilet and harbor a deep hatred for urinals) I was punched, and pushed, teased and tormented. I even ended up in detention once or twice because of someone else hurting me so bad I screamed.

I'm shaking right now as I write this.

I put up with it, I don't know why.

I remember there was one boy who threatened to kill me. He told me he was going to take over my life and live with my family and make everyone hate me after I was gone. How fucked up is that?

I was six when he told me that.

I never seemed good enough for my peers, even though I tried. Oh god I tried.

I tried so hard that I even started to pick on a few people. I hate to admit it, but I joined in so as not to feel left out.

For that I apologize.

I get down on my knees and beg forgiveness from you. I won't mention names, but you know.

Because of all that I have endured and committed, I became what I am. I may not be proud of all I've done, but I did it, and that's it.

I'm still shaking.

I am Scott J. Rieffer, I am Skot, I am Weird, and I am Angry.

So to any of you people who are picking on anyone, for any reason, I have one thing to say: Fuck off.

Leave them alone.

Maybe you don't like it, maybe you don't understand, but there are better ways to tell them that then by punching them in the face.

Skot/Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know what you're going to say.