Thursday, May 19, 2011

Can I get an "amen"?

So apparently, regardless of what their book says, a group of Christians out of California are convinced that Saturday is the day that some guy in a robe is going to descend to the earth, and bring all the good little boys and girls back up stairs with him, leaving the rest of us down here to keep on sinnin'.

Sounds good to me.

Now I usually try to be as open minded as I can about people beliefs, especially when it comes to wondering what comes after death, that shit is seriously scary. It even weirds me out a little to think that there isn't anything after I die. But to believe that some guy is just gonna holler "All aboard", and the great pearly gates are gonna open to the good people is a little ridiculous.

I mean think about it. If we really do only have one life to live, as in this is the only part of time that my soul has been on this planet, and come Saturday it will either go up or down. Then how does God know that I'm a good person? Maybe if he let me stay a bit longer I would see the error in my ways! Maybe in just a few days or months or years I would turn my face to the grace of god, and on that day, I would truly be worthy of his love, and should be accepted into the kingdom of Heaven.

Doubtful.

More likely, on my death bed in 60 years (More like twenty with how much of a klutz I am) I'll convert to Christianity so that I can be saved. I unno.

All I know is I don't want to leave. If Jesus come down and tells me my time is up, I'm taking a rain check. I'd rather stay. I'm not done screwing up yet. I'm not even close to done learning. I want more time to be me. I want to continue being human.

And a place with no sin and nothing but perfection sounds incredibly boring.

Besides, I won't know anyone up there, none of my friends will be going up, that's is for damn sure.

But, if any of you do end up heading cloud-ward, could you tell Jesus, he still owes me five bucks?

Thanks,

Skot/Scott

1 comment:

  1. Even scarier (and more ridiculous, IMO) is the Mormon way; they only have a limited number that gets into Heaven, and once that number's reached, well, the rest are just up shit creek. So even if you're a good little Mormon your whole life (that happens, right?) you still might not get in! (The number is like, less than half a million, I think.) Which begs the question: why are you knocking on doors and soul-stealing to convert people?! Seems pretty counter-productive to me.

    Just sayin' -- it's all weird.

    ReplyDelete

I know what you're going to say.