Sunday, February 13, 2011

Take a little walk with me?

I stayed up until 5:30 last night and woke up at 11:00 am this morning, that may seem like a nice long sleep, but it was less than six hours. Still more than what some people get. 

I've been stripping varnish in a small room from 11:30 to 5:00 using highly noxious paint thinner. 

It's remarkable effective.

And possibly giving me cancer.

I'm sort of seeing things right now at 9:00PM at night, and I'm going to post some of them here.

This will mostly end up being ramblings as I slowly slip further and further into the ocean that is insanity.

So warm and inviting is the ocean in the summer time. Waves crashing against the shore, thrumming their endless rhythms against your body as you gaily attempt to move against them. Trying to swim out into them as they push you ever back to the shore.

What about that one time where you manage to swim just hard enough, and you push past the strong current and make it out the "Deep End" the part where you can't even see the bottom let alone touch it.

Who knows what creatures of horror may be swimming in the dark cold depths of the oceans of your mind.

Dare you go deeper? Dare you peer into the depths? DARE I!?

I dare.

Oh sweet honey suckle I dare.

The joys I can feel waiting for me down far surpass the horror that stand in-between. Who knows what I may learn about myself.

Here I go, wish me luck.

I watch as the colors swim together to slowly melt down, mixing together forever, but never becoming one. Always fighting each other, afraid to lose that little bit of what defines who they are. Much like people, we fight to mix, to become one of many, but scream our loudest when we are overlooked as part of the whole.

The things call to me, I can hear there lovely promises of wealth and warmth, each one different, but each as treacherous as the last.

I don't remember which way is up at this point. The light of the surface is a thing of the past, a dim memory.

I'm closing this venture in darkness down for right now, as my eyes are starting to play tricks on me, and I'm rather starved of socializations. 

Like a lonely little Sim.

Night all,
Skot/Scott

2 comments:

  1. Insanity creates words in great rhythm. I love this post.

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this. A little dark and mysterious but really well written.

    ReplyDelete

I know what you're going to say.