Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I'm broken...

Have you ever heard of Synesthesia? It's a neat neurological condition where the mind confuses two senses, or does a few other little quirky things.

Example: Jimmy Hendrix could, apparently, hear colors. So he used this when writing his music.

I had a friend who would sense different colors with different words she would read, and peoples names would appear as a color to her. I was apparently orange and green.

I have synesthesia also, I have a different form than exemplified above, but I have it. I view time all wonky, and I personify things.

Numbers have always had strange characteristics to me, and I tend to shy away from some of them because I don't trust them. I try not to use the number 9. Also, I'm a little distrustful of odd numbers. Though the number 7, is a very strong number for me, somewhat reserved, but inwardly strong. Like I would like to be.

I also personify, and name, objects. My car's name is Sonya, my Ipod is Fiona, my computer is Anyon, while the monitor is Amber.

You all remember Phillip The Air Mattress, right?

Once I give a name and personality to these objects, they will forever be those "people" to me. Sonya will always be a little bitch but eager to please me, she also hates the cold. And Fiona resents me for putting her in the same pocket with my keys, and will always put on songs I can't sing to. Anyon gets concerned about my eyes when i play too many video games and will shut himself down occasionally. Amber doesn't hate me too much yet, but she will occasionally get into fights with Anyon and stop listening to him.

Anyon and Amber have a thing together.

I like the elaborate soap opera that happens in my room when I'm away. That's probably why I loved Toy Story so much, that's what I always knew was happening when I was at school.

The other day, one of my students took my little black binder where I keep all my paperwork and was looking through it. I mentioned that I hated the binder, because it's a constant reminder of all the things I have to do still.


My student began to open and close it like the tormented jaws of some deranged lunatic beast while making horrific noises and hinting about how I'm a terrible person...



I don't use the binder anymore...

I can't look at it...

It sleeps outside my room...

Good move, Student, good move.

Skot/Scott

P.S. This blog is for each of my 22 facebook fans! Thank you, Melynda, Niki, Nikki, Felicia, Lauren, Vanessa, Izzy, Jesse, Alyssa, Juliet, Zach, Oscar, Anddi, Drea, Emma, Nicole, Kyle, Bonnie, Ebony, Carrie, and Sam! I LOVE YOU!!!

P.P.S. Those of you at home counting, the above names only go to 21. Apparently I am my own fan. That's pretty vain. I like me a lot.

P.P.P.S. Liz is pretty ok also.

1 comment:

  1. HORRAY I love you too Skot. I have a little idea of what you mean by personafing things. My car is known as Brown Pirate Car. And my guitar is Band-aid. The couch at my moms house is Moofy and each of my animal bracelets has a name! =D

    ReplyDelete

I know what you're going to say.