Monday, January 17, 2011

Office

So I like to dream, and when I dream I dream BIG. And with the creation of this blog, I've been thinking a lot about my future as a famous writer.

I'm a fairly humble person, I'm awesome, yea, but what I mean is I wouldn't want to be super flashy with all my money. I'd live in a big house, but not a mansion, a nice garage with a little workshop so that when I get the desire to go beat two pieces of wood together I have a nice private place to pursue my simple pleasures.

I would have a cozy little office, with slightly off white walls, and a red(ish) carpet. An ugly little rug to sit in the middle where a dog could lie and keep me company. A nice window facing the West, so I could watch the sun set, with a little bench in front of it, where I can lounge and scribble into a notebook. There would be small light fixture hanging a little too low from the ceiling, low enough that I miss it if I'm barefoot, but if I wear my shoes I'll hit my head. I would have a little wooden desk against the south wall for my computer, and an office chair that's wheels sometimes get stuck on the rug. I'd have a few shelves on the north wall loaded with books, and a bean bag chair next to it so I have a comfy place to procrastinate.

My desk would be akin to a work of art. There would be so many coffee and tea stains, and a shameful amount of booze stains as well, that its original color is only known by the gods. Places where pens have exploded, or some odd spots where someone had the great idea to let me find a knife. Maybe a few splotches of paint, 'cause I couldn't be bothered to move the desk out of the room when I was painting the walls, and one odd blotch on the side, that nobody is really sure what happened, and no one is brave enough to ask...

It's a comforting area. I draw a lot of power from it right now. I'll hold in my mind for a while. I hope it can be made real very soon. Thanks for helping me.

With, ever so much love,
Skot/Scott

4 comments:

  1. So I'm wondering as to why in this dream office of yours the light fixture is low enough for you to hit your head on. This does not make much sense to me because wouldn't it get annoying. Another question I have is if you only hit your head when you are wearing your shoes and not when you are barefoot, how tall are your shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boots are two inches soles, they're work boots. This way I wouldn't wear my boots in there ever.

    And, it's the negative of a space that make it home. If everything in the room was perfect, it would be an office, and only slightly better than a cubical. This room is a home. Low light and all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That makes sense I guess. Being the daughter of a carpenter I tend to question that kind of stuff. I apologize.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, don't apologize, it is a weird thing to have in a room, but that's how the stairs are in my house right now, so I know to never wear my boots upstairs on the carpet.

    ReplyDelete

I know what you're going to say.